Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

No more swimming for the time being

It is such a bummer that I won't be able to swim any longer for now!  I really enjoyed getting back into the water.  After my first night swimming, my bad arm (right rotator cuff tear that cannot be repaired) has been hurting so bad and I have not been able to drive since then either.  I don't know if there is further damage, but I do know that I can't do the basic things like making dinner or doing simple tasks as washing the dishes.



I suppose setbacks are always going to be a part of living with a spinal cord injury, but it never gets easier to accept.  There are so many things that we once were able to do and can no longer do since our sci, but  the things that we have been blessed to do since our injury that we can no longer due can be devastating.  I guess it's just another crappy part of our new life.  The way I choose to look at it is, again I am grateful for what I do have and what I can do.  It all comes down to "you can choose the way you want to feel."  I am just thankful for getting back into the water the two times I was able to.   

No comments:

Post a Comment