Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Baclofen Pump for spasticity

After my spinal cord injury I suffered from sever spasticity.  My rehab doctors had put me on oral baclofen, approximately seven other different medicines which made me tired and lethargic, I had both of my thighs injected with a strong dose of botox, and yet the spasms continued.       

I was put through a screening test to see if ITB ( Intrathecal Baclofen )Therapy would work for me.  The tests results concluded that I was a candidate.  I was so happy.  My spasms were so bad that every little bump would make me have a spasm so bad that it would flip me in my chair backwards.  I had painful and very scary episodes.  I have had a baclofen pump for 10 years now and could not imagine my life without it.  


Here is a link to the company's website that makes the baclofen pump.    

Medtronics, baclofen pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment